Minimalist by Necessity
Flying with a baby means that my carry-on and check-on bags have been taken over with baby stuff. So I’m slowly becoming a minimalist. Not a real one, and not out of choice. It’s out of necessity. So, this is what I’ve whittled down to for my hygiene and beauty products for the next 6 weeks.
*Note: I’ll buy shampoo, soap, toothpaste, and deodorant when I get there. Also, my sister’s have make-up, so I borrow eyeshadow when I’m there.
- Bobby pins and elastic hair ties, a.k.a my saving graces. Bobby pins are the most importnat beauty tool a busy gal can have. As a mom, I feel like I always look like a hot mess. But with a few bobby pins, I can trick people into thinking I’m sort of pulled together.
- Dental Lace Floss. This amazing floss is eco-friendly and comes in a glass container.
- Tweezers. Important.
- Mascara and eyelash curler.
- RMS “un-cover up” concealer. Tiny little glass container of concealer, and RMS makes all-natural beauty products. This stuff is the best.
- Bamboo toothbrush. Ditch the plastic! I got this toothbrush at TJ Maxx for $3. Every time I’ve gone to TJ Maxx in the last year, they’ve got gobs of bamboo toothbrushes.
- Dr. Paw Paw’s tinted lip balm. Ditto on the bobby pins. This stuff is the best. I did a photo shoot in NYC for meetup.com and the makeup artist told me about this stuff. I went out and bought it the very next day.
- Tiny Sonia Kashuk hairbrush from Target.
- Albeit blush stick. I am obsessed with this lip/cheek stick from Anthropologie. I actually got this for $6 when they had a big holiday sale in November. I like nice things but I’m not made of money! It works beautifully and the case is gorgeous.
So, this is what I’ve got for my trip. I wanted to fit everything in this pink makeup bag, so that was my guide for what to bring and what to leave.
What are your travel essentials?